Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's official!

Odin is officially 3 years old and potty trained! When we would ask him, "When will you start using the potty and wearing big boy underpants?" He would say, "On 4th of July!" Not sure why he picked that day, but he meant it and on the 4th, we started the process. There were lots of accidents along the way but he kept plugging along and working at it and now he's 100% potty trained! I'm so proud of him. He's getting so grown up, it's hard to believe that he's only just 3! I can't imagine how grown up he'll seem at 4 or 5! He's my best friend and such a pleasure to be with. Zephyr is getting ANOTHER two teeth...definitely bothering him...but he's too much fun and the boys are really cute together. Their bond is something to behold! Zephyr is still walking holding onto things and doesn't seem to have much interest in walking on his own so we'll see what happens with that in the next two months. Hard to believe he's almost 1! This past year has been such a blur...I look forward to the day when I can put all the trauma of the year behind me and stop having all these holes in my memory where stress and sadness took over, leaving no room in my brain for anything else. Every time I think that the hard part of divorce is over, it drags on. I'm beginning to look at the "one year of hell" that everything I read said I had to get through before things got better as more of a "5 years or more." I always wanted kids, my whole life, and it is just unbearable that the experience is being soured by this whole situation. I just want to raise my boys and be happy and whole...enjoying every moment...but the circumstances I find myself in make it more like trying desperately to enjoy every minute despite the walls that continue to crumble around me. The sky is falling and I smile on.

No comments: