Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2010 - Funny stories about the boys from Facebook:

Funny stories about the boys from Facebook:

 Zephyr used to call granola bars "gumballs" or something that sounded like that.  Odin used to call Lemonade something that sounded like "yummy eggs".

The boys are watching a movie together in complete peace while I watch the Grammy's. Am I dreaming?!?!? BTW...Odin said, "I HATE the Grammy's! I want MY GRAMMY!"

"Where are you going Mommy?" "Out with some other mom's to make some new friends. I'm going to be brave and meet new people just like you did today at school!" "Well, how am I supposed to go out and make new friends if I have to stay home with a babysitter every night?!?!?!"

"Odin...did you like your first day at preschool?" "Ya...it was fun. It's still a work in progress...here and there." 

Got Z back to sleep from 4-6:30 and thoroughly enjoyed that extra 2.5 hrs even though it meant I slept in a toddler bed with a stuffed animal for a pillow!

Mommy, are you gonna have another baby in your tummy? Why are you asking Odin? Because I want more babies in our family. Then you could play with Zephyr and I could play with the new baby! Really? Well, I guess I'll have to find a new husband then! I'll help you...Spiderman can find you one! Maybe I can find you a husband that already has a baby for us! How many babies would you like in our family Odin? I don't know...three...maybe 5? Ok then Odie...I'll work on that   

I spend time every night making a nice dinner for the boys and then spend the next 3 hours trying to get them to eat it. Argh!!!!!!

Last week I kept the house clean ALL week...unfortunately, that doesn't earn me a credit toward this week. :(  

sometimes gets bummed that there's no one coming home from work in the evening to adore us and to want to hear all about our day. Instant Family available for rent.

Is enjoying a Mojito in the hotel lobby bar in my pj's just cause I can...last night on vacation...back to real life tomorrow!
 
was up TOO EARLY due to project "Bottles All-Gone." Good thing my boys are so cute!
 
"Odin, see all the books I need to read! How am I going to get them all read?" "Well, Mom, you just read one book, once a day, each day and you will read them all!"
 
Whatever. Rollerskating down the halls with the boys, having a Lady Gaga dance party, and some snuggle story time and I'm ready for whatever is coming my way.
 
Fed O & Z cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries, and orange. Silence as they ate. Asked O if he was in heaven and he says, "No, I'm in a land called Honalee."   
 
April 2010 end antibiotics?
is heading out on a date to toast a with a real drink to my house selling, my good court hearing, and the end of my antibiotics!!!! Odin also whispered to me in an aside that our new babysitter is GREAT! :)
 
took a rainy day nap with both the boys in my cozy bed under the down comforter...what a lovely thing! 
 
Odin just kissed Zephyr like the fake french kisses that movie stars do...open mouth, no tongue, hand on the back of the head, heads swaying...priceless.
 White elephant morning date with my boys!
 There's something to be said for the family bed...I slept sandwiched between my boys but the whole family slept till 7!!!!
"Mom, Z wouldn't stop crying so I sang the Cradle Will Rock song but he didn't stop crying."
Is lying on a blanket outside in the sun while Z feeds me grapes and O tells me knock knock jokes.
Just when I say...oh thank god...this day is almost over...my 1.5 year old opens the fridge and dumps an entire gallon of pink kool-aid all over my fridge and kitchen floor. I'm not gonna lie...single parenting sucks.
Chillin' in bed with my Z boy. He is such a wonderful sweetie :). He doesn't want us to get up! Just wants to play in bed with his bumble bee n cuddle!
Why is it that almost 4 year olds have a pension for naughty behavior? It's like my son is occasionally possessed.
Mmmmmmm...microwave s'mores! I love 'em but Odin says he doesn't like them melted 'cause it's too messy!?!?!?!
"What are you doing Odin?" "Just dragging myself across the floor. I'm too tired to get up."
  1. Everybody is "perfect" for somebody out there :) Isn't that a wonderful thing?



  2. is the happiest girl in the world :)
    What a FANTASTIC day in York, ME. We had SOOOOOO much fun! Easiest bedtime EVER as kids were sound asleep and transferred right into their beds! Time to toast a day well spent :)
    Coffee with whipped cream cause my whole gallon of milk went sour...mmmmmmmm. Did I subconsciously let it go sour on purpose just so I could use whipped cream instead? Possible.
    Zephyr just told me that it's ok that he spilled his cereal in our family room because the birdies will get it. Guess we've been eating outside a lot!
    As Henry said, after recovering from his seasickness said, "This isn't the worst day ever...it could be worse, we could get hit by a car...!". I love kids! Such a great attitude :). You know you're in a great relationship when you can still look at each other in the midst of puking kids and smile cause you're still happy :)   
           gave Odin a rocker haircut. He looks so cool that I'm inspired to add a little more rock star style to our Marblehead preppy life ;)
  Aug 2010 antibiotics

Had big plans to be productive tonight...was foiled by a 2 yr old! He insisted on falling asleep with me in my bed after us arguing about bedtime for over an hour. How is a parent supposed to resist their bed in the dark?!? I was powerless!!!!

Chased 4 kids around at Lego KidsFest with at LEAST 25,000 people and STILL had a great time, despite one peanut allergy reaction and later ride home meltdowns ;)

Tonight is an "eat a bottom of the barrel grocery dinner in front of the tv" night. What an action-packed weekend! School & Grammie's visit Friday, soccer, Audubon, Newburyport all on Saturday, Sunday school, Renaissance Festival, all with 4 kids on Sunday :) Fun but exhausting!!!!!!! :)

Here goes soccer Take 2. Let's hope today goes better than yesterday's debacle! Even if we just leave out me getting peed on I will be happy!

The boys both had a GREAT first full real day of school :) Zephyr loved it and charmed the pants off his teacher as was expected and Odin had the normal boy response..."I liked seeing my friends but I didn't want to have to go to school to play with them."

Mom...this guy can be a real pirate and he can be 9, no...12, no 16. He'll be 16.

Mom...my teachers at school embarrass me when they put their hands in their back pockets where their BUTT is.

Zephyr: Juice, Mommy!
Me: What's the word you say after juice?
Zephyr: Por favor?


Left Odin crying at preschool...? That hasn't happened since last year. He was a mess. No idea what that was all about. In front of all of his friends too. Wierd.
My 2 Yr old and 4 year old just sorted their own laundry and put it away all by themselves all to earn one Swedish fish each :)
Up at 5:30 due to 2 year old wanting to hold my hair and me having to say no...at least I discovered a new coffee trick..heat mug...then put milk in to take chill out...then poor in coffee! Pumpkin Spice Latte! 
Up at 5:30 due to 2 year old wanting to hold my hair and me having to say no...at least I discovered a new coffee trick..heat mug...then put milk in to take chill out...then poor in coffee! Pumpkin Spice Latte!
No Mom, there's no pretend crying in this game. We're only making sad faces. Ok...now we're making happy faces.
Had leftover squash soup for lunch, mom's beef stew leftovers for dinner while making a chicken soup from leftover pre-cooked chickens. Huh? Must be the Depression again!
Boys snowed in up in ME...going to be a tough night of stressing but do get to have my first night kidless with Joe...bittersweet...
Ok. Here's the plan. Take the boys to the Burlington Mall for lunch and playing at the indoor playground and then go see Tangled at 1PM. Anyone see any potential hazards with that plan? Hoping they both fall asleep on the way home.
Food poisoning, a sleep over, rehearsal for Christmas Pageant, Doctor's Appointment, Odin with double ear infections, and The Nutcracker. All on 2 bananas. Time for me to go to bed. Phew. How do you plan something expensive like The Nutcracker when you don't know if you will end up with a sick kid? Poor Odin endured but fell fast asleep during the second half.
"love you Zephyr.". "love u mommy...so so much."  
Yup. TWO hours to get 30 minutes worth. Yes to traffic and weather but I've never seen anything like that. Movie was NOT worth two hours in the car :( Otherwise a great time was had by all. Can't believe both kids sit through a whole movie!
Did a perfect double pirouette today at Ballet :) Yay me! Now we're watching The Polar Express which I LOVE and Odin STILL doesn't remember from last year. I'll be sad when he finally remembers stuff from year to year and the perpetual "firsts" are over!
Wow. So I've said to Odin a million times, "How many things can Mommy do at once? One thing at a time!" Today I'm making his waffle and he says, "Mom! Can you turn on Monsters? Oh....wait....you can't because you are making a waffle and you can only do one thing at a time! You can't stretch your arm into the Family Room!" Read on...
THEN later, he offers to give me a massage! I said, "Odin, you can do that ANY time." "It's good that you told me that Mom because I would love to give you a massage all the time!" Is it Mother's Day?  
      
         

No comments: